Monday, May 2, 2011

Got Him!

Sitting here watching MSNBC talk about how Osama Bin Laden has been killed in Pakistan. This makes me happy. Although I have had my doubts on if this guy actually committed the acts, or if they were set up by the Bush administration. But today, I think I know. I can honestly say again that I feel proud to be an American. Looking for Bin Laden for 10 years with hopes of catching him has made our country grow restless.

Now I just wonder if our president will keep his promise with getting our troops out of Afghanistan. Not only that, but I also am worried that any terror cells that are in the US might be getting pressure to attack now that their leader is dead. I hope this is not the case and that the US will be safe from attack.

President Obama had been given info on a possible place for where Bin Laden might be hiding. After many meeting, Obama signed for our special forces to take action. Just like Bush advocated years ago, they would have taken him 'dead or alive.'

Thank you to all armed forces who were involved in this operation, as well as those who died trying to find this man, and most of all, to those who were killed by the operations that this sick man put together. 10 years was too long, but I guess better late than never. Thank you as well, Mr. Obama.

Has anyone thought that maybe now that DADT was repealed, that gays might have helped in killing Bin Laden? That would be awesome to know that a gay man or woman was one of the people that has changed the way history will go. Maybe this will move President Obama to other issues, such as gay rights/equality.


"All men are created equal. No matter how hard you try, you can never erase those words." Harvey Milk







No comments:

Post a Comment