Sunday, May 22, 2011

School, Living, & Gaga

I'm taking a mini-mester at school right now, its three weeks straight of 3 hour a day classes. It gets you 3 credits, except its remedial, so I'm kind of still working towards my math credit. I really wish all my classes could be like this. I could spend three weeks with each class and only have to focus on one class, and not get things mixed in with each other, or try to cram for two tests at once. Oh boy, I can't wait to be finished with school. Just two more years. I am only able to write this right now because I actually have finished my homework and have no other classes to study for. So I thought I would update and let my followers know.

So, if you're reading this right now, then you have obviously survived the rapture. Its been all over the news as well as Twitter. Many of us knew that nothing was going to happen. But I find it really sad that many people gave all they had, just because they believed one man. I think this is going to look bad on all Christians, even though it was just a small group of believers that made a lot of news. The bible says that no one knows when 'god' is coming. So even if god did choose May 21st to come get his people, he could easily change the date. But, being an atheist, I don't expect any unnatural being to appear anytime soon. I wish that instead of these people spending millions of dollars of letting people know about a fake date, they would use money to help starving children in America, as well as the rest of the world. It makes me mad that Christian churches also spend millions on denying gays and lesbians basic rights, while letting children die. I guess its the whole principle of 'Out of sight, out of mind.' If it came to a vote of giving homeless people houses vs granting gay marriage to LGBT people, the Christian right would most likely spend millions to deny gays rights, while ignoring the other issue. Uhhh, this makes me mad just thinking, I guess I shouldn't write while mad. But on to a lighter note.....
Lady Gaga's Born This Way comes out officially tomorrow. Although many already have it, I'll be one of the ones going to Best Buy to purchase it. I could purchase it online, but I want the booklet. Now, I have downloaded the album already and even though it is different from The Fame Monster, and tremendously different from The Fame, I like it. I like that she didn't follow the way the industry is going with the 'wannabe techno' sound. She seems like she spent many hours tweaking her songs to make them sound different, while giving some of the songs a 90s feel. My favorite songs are 'You and I', 'Fashion Of His Love', and 'Hair'. Maybe 'Americano' too. If you haven't listened to it because you just don't like Lady Gaga, give it a chance. Go in listening with an open mind and judge each song differently. Because they really are all different. One thing that I dislike from this album is the religious theme. These are the first songs where she says Jesus Christ and such. I understand she is Christian, but I don't wanna hear Jesus in my dance songs. If you like the album, pick it up tomorrow, or get it on iTunes. I'm not disappointed and hope you will not be either.

I miss writing and making YouTube videos. Hopefully when this mini-mester is over, I can give more time to writing and making vids.


"All men are created equal. No matter how hard you try, you can never erase those words." Harvey Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment