Monday, April 4, 2011

So The Rumor Goes...


...that gay people are the best fashionistas. Then how come I am terrible at dressing my own self. I mean, I know how to match colors, but when it comes to matching my tops with my bottoms, then with my shoes and any extra accessories. I like to think that what I actually do dress in looks nice, but there is always that voice in my head telling me that what I am wearing looks horrible. Now I don't mean to sound superficial with this post, but I do like to make myself feel good about wearing something that looks good to me.

I think I end up correcting my boyfriend more than I end up correcting my own style. Sadly, now when he buys clothes, he makes sure to get them 'approved' by me. I never said he needed to do this, but I guess he would rather confirm the clothes first, before they are purchased.

I don't care about wearing the high pricey fashion that most Hollywood people love. I like khaki shorts, a graphic T, some Vans, and I'm ready to go out into the world. But sometimes I feel a little unkept. Not like shaving unkept, but like baggy and weird colors unkept. I like skinny jeans, but I only prefer to wear jeans in the fall/winter time. In spring/summer, I must wear shorts or end up sweating as soon as I walk out of the house. And wearing black when the sun is out is a no no for me.

Maybe this is just me and my self realization of myself. But I am glad that I am not dressed like I'm ready to go out to the club every second of the day. Plain clothes are my friends. Although a bit shaggy looking, they keep me comfortable. So whoever said that their gay friends all knew how to dress well, certainly never met someone like me.

Any style tips would be nice. Just leave them in the comments or message me.

"All men are created equal. No matter how hard you try, you can never erase those words." Harvey Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment