Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wanting a Child

Every time I have to shop for baby items for a friend's baby shower, I continue to want a kid more and more. Just the thought of raising a child gets me excited. It's easy for straight people to just up and decide to have a baby. But for a gay couple, adopting a child, or having a surrogate can be expensive, and that can be even before the child is born. I look at my friends that have children and somewhat envy that relationship.

I'm not sure why I have such a need for a child. I have thought about it long and hard. Why would a twenty-two year old, who has a retail job, want a child. I have came to the conclusion that it is because I always yearned for a younger sibling, but never received one. That's right, I am the baby of the family and was always influenced by what my older brother and sisters did. I never got the chance to influence anyone else. So this need to influence someone else comes out to a child for me. And when I say influence, I don't mean that this child will do everything exactly like me. I want my child to know that s/he is free to make his/her own decisions. But being able to influence them in the way to a healthy and happy life.

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment